I looked around me on the metro this morning, and wondered when I had flashed back to the 80s. People around me were all engrossed in their reading materials--Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut (okay, that's 60s, but everyone I knew was reading it the 80s); Ride a Pale Horse by Helen MacInnes; and another one I'm blanking on at the moment but was a classic of the era. [When I think of it, I'll edit it in.]
I just find it odd that everyone with those books were all in the same metro car at the same time. I find those coincidences fascinating--the afternoon I saw three people with guide dogs, two on the same metro train. The day there were probably 8 or more people with broken arms in slings making their way around town...I've gone months without seeing a single cast on an arm or leg, then suddenly see 8? It just seems unlikely.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment